E-Cargo Cruiser Long
This premium full-size electric cargo bike is a stylish and reliable workhorse for anyone who wants to bring (a lot) more than a bag, but still wants an effortless ride.
- Full-size cargo box, standard with one bench and two double seat belts
- Vintage looks: Brooks leather seat and grips, cream balloon tires, painted fenders and no rear rack
- Latest model Shimano Steps electric assist system (E6100)
- Pedal assist up to 20 mph (US standard)
- Long range of 35 - 75 mi. (increase range by 20%: battery upgrade)
- Low maintenance internal gear hub
- Overall length: 8'4", width: 2'1"
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
4 reviews for E-Cargo Cruiser Long
|Model||E-Cargo Cruiser Long|
|Frame||Galvanized steel with three layers powder coat|
|Fork||Galvanized steel with three layers powder coat|
|Fenders||Galvanized steel with three layers powder coat|
|Wheel sizes||26″ rear, 20″ front|
|Tires||Schwalbe Big Ben Cream – 55mm wide|
|Seat||Brooks Aged Leather (B67 Aged)|
|Handlebars||Stainless steel (model ‘Butterfly’)|
|Grips||Brooks Aged ‘Plump Leather Grips’|
|Stem||Stainless steel – Height adjustable|
|Stand||4-point kickstand – Very stable|
|Head light||Oma’ LED light 40 Lux Auto (on main battery)|
|Rear light||LED light under seat (on main battery)|
|Chain guard||Fully enclosed|
|Bell||Big ‘DingDong’ bell|
|Lock||AXA Solid Plus frame lock – suitable for plug-in chain|
|Motor||Shimano Steps E6100 – 250W – max. 50Nm|
|Display||Center display on handlebars – removable (SC-E6100)|
|Battery||418 Wh (can be upgraded to 504Wh)|
|Range||45 – 75 miles|
|Weight capacity (incl rider)||Roller brakes: 400 lbs, Rim & Disk brakes: 440lbs|
Darien (verified owner) –
Steven was thorough, patient and responsive in answering all my questions and helping with all parts of this buying experience. I have never purchased an electric cargo bike so I had many questions. Once I get riding, I’ll update with that part but needless to say, I am really excited.
Joseph Nelson –
I have nothing but good things to say about the experience. I purchased a long cargo cruiser e-bike. It arrived via FedEx Express Freight (big plus) mostly assembled. It only took a couple hours before the first ride. Anyone with a little experience wrenching bikes could put it together.
Steven was extremely helpful and friendly about all of the questions I had. It felt like buying a bike from a small business rather than a corporate conglomerate.
As far as the bike goes, it must be truly ridden to be described. They build bikes like tanks! This is a bicycle that future generations of my family will be transporting their children in.
Anyone in the Minneapolis area is welcome to take a test ride, if it helps more people discover a company that builds such amazing machines.
My next purchase will be a bicycle for my wife.
Gregory Hayes (verified owner) –
Awesome Bakfiets! The following describes what happened…
* Easy to connect with and talk with Steven (great customer experience).
* Took 6-8 weeks to deliver to Austin TX. This was clear the whole time.
* We built the Bakfiets together ourselves. This is very easy to do if you have a little experience working on bikes.
* Additional questions and manuals were provided by Steven right away.
* The bike rides great, electric assist works great, and anyone who can ride a bike can ride this bike right away.
The following “issues” were found, but considering all the issues, along with the high quality of the bakfiets, this is hands down a great product:
1) The 4 holes in the “Bak” did not line up with the 4 holes in the metal frame. They were off by about 0.5mm in each hole. So it was VERY close but too far that the screws didn’t fit. I used a drill to make the 4 holes in the Bak a little bit bigger, then it fit perfectly.
2) The front fender is difficult to mount around the front disc brake. It can fit but it takes some adjustments, even with the plastic spacers that came with it. If there is no front disc brake the fender fits perfectly.
We needed the following tools: a cordless drill (only because the Bak holes needed some adjustment), screw driver, hex keys, wrenches, and a star “torx” driver. It took about 1-2 hours to put it all together.
I would recommend this product to anyone who has a small family, needs a cargo bike, and wants an eco friendly way to run around town.
Jim Leger (verified owner) –
Amsterdam Bicycle Company is an amazing company. The ordering experience was easy and the service was also top notch. The bike arrived pretty quick. I recommend using the Velotooler option. They came out the day after the bike arrived and completed the final installation and programming. The bicycle is a dream to ride, the steering may seem complicated but it is so well balanced and well engineered you can take corners with ease. The cargo space is big and great for kids, dog, and groceries. This bike amazing.