Shipping and assembly
All bicycles and cargo bikes are shipped directly from the Netherlands to any address in the United States (except Hawaii and other distant locations) and Canada.
For shipping fees outside of the USA and Canada please contact us.
US shipping fees:
- (E-)bicycle: $99
- (E-)cargo bike: $150
Canada shipping fees:
- (E-)bicycle: $249
- (E-)cargo bike: $349
- Please note: GST/PST is charged separately by Canadian Customs
- Shipping for accessories is free, when ordered with a (cargo)bicycle.
- For separately ordered accessories we need to charge additional shipping costs. These differ per product, depending on the size and weight of the package.
Please contact us if you have questions about shipping.
Our bicycles and cargo bikes are built to order (except our Premium Stock models) in the Netherlands . This allows us to offer very customizable bicycles, especially built for you. Usually manufacturing your bicycle takes just three to five weeks. A cargo bike will take about a week longer.
Shipping usually takes seven to ten days.
Please note that during the high season (spring and summer) manufacturing may take one to three weeks extra.
Delivery / assembly options
Delivery 85% assembled
With this option, we ship your bicycle directly to your address 85% assembled. We strongly encourage you to work with a professional mechanic to assemble your bicycle.
What needs to be assembled are the:
– front wheel (including connecting the brake cable, if any, and the dynamo hub wire, if any)
– front fender
– front light (including the electric wire coming from the dynamo hub, if any)
– handlebars / stem
– front wheel stabilizer (if any)
There are no instructions, and we’re working on a better assembly video than this one:
Delivery fully assembled by Velotooler (if available)
We recommend this option. When you choose your bike to be delivered ‘fully assembled by Velotooler’ we ship your bicycle to your address and we arrange for a Velotooler mechanic to come to you to assemble it. This ensures your bike is professionally assembled, tuned and adjusted, and will fit you perfectly. Velotooler uses local, verified and insured mechanics.
Despite working with many mechanics all over the US and expanding their network every day, there are areas where no Velotooler mechanic is available.