Shipping and assembly
All bicycles and cargo bikes are shipped directly from the Netherlands to any address in the United States (except Hawaii and other distant locations) and Canada.
For shipping fees outside of the USA and Canada please contact us.
US shipping fees:
- (E-)bicycle: $99
- (E-)cargo bike: $150
Canada shipping fees:
- (E-)bicycle: $249
- (E-)cargo bike: $349
- Please note: GST/PST is charged separately by Canadian Customs
- Shipping for accessories is free, when ordered with a (cargo)bicycle.
- For separately ordered accessories we need to charge additional shipping costs. These differ per product, depending on the size and weight of the package.
Please contact us if you have questions about shipping.
Our bicycles and cargo bikes are built to order (except our Premium Stock models) in the Netherlands . This allows us to offer very customizable bicycles, especially built for you.
Usually the production time of bicycles and cargo bikes is three to five weeks, but during the high season (spring and summer) and especially with the current high demand due to Covid-19, production may take an additional three to five weeks.
Shipping usually takes around ten days.
Delivery / assembly options
Delivery 85% assembled
With this option, we ship your bicycle directly to your address 85% assembled. We strongly encourage you to work with a professional mechanic to assemble your bicycle.
What needs to be assembled are the:
– front wheel (including connecting the brake cable, if any, and the dynamo hub wire, if any)
– front fender
– front light (including the electric wire coming from the dynamo hub, if any)
– handlebars / stem
– front wheel stabilizer (if any)
There are no instructions, and we’re working on a better assembly video than this one:
Delivery fully assembled by a Velotooler mechanic (if available)
We recommend this option. If you want your bike to be assembled by a professional mechanic, you can select the ‘Delivery fully assembled by Velotooler’ shipping option on the Checkout page.
If you select this option, and a Velotooler mechanic is available in your area, we ship your bicycle to your address and we arrange for a Velotooler mechanic to assemble your bike at your home. This ensures your bike is professionally assembled, tuned and adjusted, and will fit you perfectly.
Velotooler uses local, verified and insured mechanics.